Root Canal Treatment Diamond BarThe phrase root canal does not bring up good feelings for most people. However, at Diamond Bar Dental Studio, our approach to this treatment is designed to put you at ease during the procedure, get rid of the infection, and have you smiling again and pain-free. A root canal is a process used to save and repair a tooth that is poorly decayed or becomes infected. For a successful root canal procedure, you may need to visit dentist Diamond Bar more than once.
Why is it called a root canal?
The space within the root of a tooth is called a root canal. That area of the tooth consists of the chamber which holds the pulp. The anatomy of the tooth shows that human teeth usually have one to four root canals. There are (4) four kinds of teeth that every human has in their mouth. They are molars, premolars, cuspids, and incisors.
- Molars: Two (2) to four (4) canals
- Premolars: One (1) to two (2) canals
- Cuspids: One (1) to two (2) canals
- Incisors: One (1) canal
Some people are unable to have dental implants because they don’t have enough bone mass. In other words, you need an ample amount of bone in your mouth to allow for a dental implant to integrate correctly. Dr. Cho and Dr. Yeon are one of the premier dental practices that offer bone grafting for patients who aren’t able to get dental implants.
One major factor for getting dental implants is the amount of remaining bone left in your jaw. A dental implant will not properly integrate into the jaw if there isn’t enough bone mass to support the implant. What does this mean? Well, the result would be a rejected dental implant, and the treatment would have failed. When you aren’t able to replace your missing teeth with dental implants, you will continue to see your facial structure deteriorate.
Dr. Cho and Dr. Jeon are experienced oral surgeons with great success in bone graft and dental implant placement. Because of their advancements in adding bone to the implant area, now patients can have successful dental implant surgery.
What is happens during a root canal?For a root canal to be successful, you may require more than one (1) appointment with our dentists. Dr. Cho and Dr. Jeon will measure how deep the infection is. At this point, they may choose whether you need additional treatment before a root canal. Diamond Bar Dental Studio uses oral conscious sedation to make the selected area senseless and numb.
- First, you will have a digital dental X-ray of the entire tooth.
- Next, a rubber dam is placed inside your mouth so that it remains dry. Otherwise, saliva will come out of your tooth and hinder the process.
- The next step is when a tiny drill makes a small hole in the pulp chamber.
- After this is complete, our dentists remove the nerve and may take another X-ray to ensure the length of the root.
- Upon the tooth drying, you will have the inside of your tooth sealed.
- You may receive a temporary filling or a permanent one.
- In some cases, Dr. Cho and Dr. Jeon may suggest wearing a crown.