The Invisalign Process Explained
Invisalign is an effective orthodontic treatment that helps improve your smile. The treatment involves the use of clear aligners to straighten your teeth. This is often a popular alternative to traditional metal braces as the aligners are discreet. The aligners are custom fitted to ensure they address your unique dental needs. Below you will find the Invisalign process explained.
The Invisalign Process Explained
Invisalign treatment is straightforward and smooth. Consider the following steps in the Invisalign process to help you guide you through the process.
Dental appointments can give people a lot of anxiety. Avoid feeling overwhelmed and arrive at your appointment at least 15 minutes early. This will give you plenty of time to check in and fill out any paperwork. This is also super helpful for your dentist as it helps them maintain their daily schedule.
It can be a whirlwind once you get to the dentist. Between checking in, filling out paperwork, heading back to the dental chair, and checking out, you can get easily distracted. List out your questions and concerns that you have for the dentist and be sure and talk with them once they meet with you. If you notice issues such as bleeding gums, sensitivity to hot or cold, mouth sores, or tooth pain, talk with your dentist in Diamond Bar about the issues before they perform the physical exam if possible. This can give them a heads-up on any potential issues they may spot during your appointment.
Your medical history is important when it comes to your oral health. Many overall health issues can have a serious impact on your oral health so it’s important to keep your dentist informed. A diabetes diagnosis, change in medication, or any other medical history update is important to share. Having a comprehensive understanding of your medical history can be vital in recommending the right dental treatments and advice regarding your oral health.
If you have changed your medications, supplements, or vitamins, let your dentist know. Certain medications have side effects that can impact your oral health. Additionally, high blood pressure and depression can increase your risk for gum disease. Letting your dentist know about any updates can help them address the potential side effects so they don’t impact your oral health.
Take advantage of the knowledge your dentist has and ask for oral care tips. They can help provide you with recommendations that are based on your unique needs. Whether it’s oral care techniques or products, see what your dentist suggests. They may even be able to provide you with samples.
For anyone who has skipped the dentist due to dental fear or anxiety, sedation dentistry may be right for you. It can help keep you comfortable and at ease during your appointment. It is a helpful option so you don’t put your oral health at risk due to your anxiety.
Benefits of Invisalign
If you are unhappy with your smile, Invisalign is an effective treatment option that comes with a number of benefits.
- Discreet Treatment Option: Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are clear and virtually invisible. The discrete nature of the treatment makes it a popular orthodontic treatment option among adults and older teens.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners are easily removed which can make eating and caring for your oral health much easier.
- Fast Treatment: Patients who follow their treatment instructions and attend their regular checkups often have fast treatment timelines.
- Oral Health Benefits: Crooked teeth can increase your risk for oral health issues. Invisalign effectively straightens your teeth which results in short- and long-term oral health benefits.
- Improved Confidence: Those who are unhappy with their smile may smile and talk less with others. This can have a serious impact on your self-confidence. Invisalign can improve your smile and help you feel more confident about it.
646 N. Diamond Bar Blvd.
Diamond Bar, CA 91765