Braces Vs. Invisalign
Having your teeth straightened can do wonders for your oral health and your confidence. Crooked teeth can lead to cavities as harmful bacteria can get stuck in the crevices of your teeth. Straight teeth can also make you feel more confident, so you can fully smile without any inhibitions. The most common methods for straightening teeth still remain traditional metal braces vs Invisalign. Each has its own costs and benefits, and the method that suits you depends on your unique dental needs.
One of the major benefits of Invisalign is that it is a discreet option as they are invisible trays that conform to the shape of your teeth. They are made of BPA-free plastic and slowly and gradually straighten your teeth. The plastic feels comfortable thanks to its form-fitting, yet malleable, design.
We create the trays with 3-D imaging versus a mold. So you don’t have to go through the grueling process of getting a mold of your teeth. Dentists recommend that patients wear their Invisalign retainers for at least 22-24 hours a day for between six to eighteen months, depending on the patient’s specific issues. As a patient progresses, they will need to change retainers roughly every two weeks and visit their dentist every four to six weeks.
Below you will find the benefits of Invisalign:
- Appearance: One of the major benefits of Invisalign is the appearance as they are invisible, and most people cannot see that you are wearing anything. This is helpful if you do not want to have obvious metal braces as Invisalign is more discreet. This proves especially helpful for adults who have professional careers yet want to improve their teeth.
- Removable: One of the most appreciated benefits of Invisalign is that they are removable. You can take them out when you eat and drink, so you are not hindered by brackets, wires, and rubber bands as compared to traditional metal braces.
- Cleaning: The cleaning process is much more reasonable than traditional metal braces. Each time you eat or drink, rinse the trays in lukewarm water and brush them off. This should take place each morning and night when you brush your teeth.
- Comfort: Compared to traditional metal braces, Invisalign provides much more comfort. The brackets on metal braces can cause mouth sores that can be very painful.
Traditional Metal Braces
Traditional metal braces are more permanent than Invisalign as metal brackets are glued to the enamel of your teeth. We then place wires in them to help shape and mold your teeth. Most patients who choose traditional metal braces wear them for around one to two years. During that time, you’ll have monthly follow-up appointments with your dentist to check on your progress and tighten your braces.
Below you will find the benefits of traditional metal braces:
- Effective Results: Traditional metal braces are highly effective, especially for those with complex dental issues.
- Permanency: As compared to Invisalign, traditional metal braces cannot be removed. This is helpful as sometimes patients become too relaxed and are less diligent about keeping their trays in. Braces can sometimes be more effective due to this very reason.
- Maintenance: Rather than cleaning your teeth and a tray, you only have to clean your teeth with braces. Adding the Invisalign trays creates extra steps that can make cleaning more daunting.
Dentists in Diamond Bar
If you want to consider treatment options to straighten your teeth, contact Diamond Bar Dental Studio! Whether you want traditional metal braces vs Invisalign, Diamond Bar Dental Studio can take care of your dental care needs. At Diamond Bar Dental, Dr. Cho and Dr. Jeon focus on ensuring your dental health both in and out of their office. If you need to make an appointment, contact Diamond Bar Dental and set up your first visit today!
646 N. Diamond Bar Blvd.
Diamond Bar, CA 91765